Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ten on Tues... Wednesday

1) I pretty much skipped Tuesday this week. Too sick to deal with it.

2) I'm sick.

3) Yes. Again.

4) I'm not sure what kind of sick it is. I've got 3 options:
       a) It's my body's new way of handling being sick, where I get to experience all the normal fun aspects of the cold (sniffling, coughing, runny eyes) along with a wretched sore throat that makes everything so. much. worse.
      b) This time around I was lucky enough to catch a cold (separately) while experiencing the sequel to the ever-so-fun Sore Throat of Summer '09. This would be better.
      c) I've got strep throat, tonsilitis, or any number of serious throat problems, which were not caught during previously mentioned Sore Throat of Summer '09, and which I will be doomed to experience over and over until I pony up the money to go back down to urgent care. And that's only if they actually diagnose me with anything more this time than "a really bad sore throat."

5) Option a is not what I want. The teacher I work with at the school, Michelle, claims that every seven years or so, the way your body handles things is supposed to change. If this is the way my body is going to start handling colds, then... then... well, drastic measures will need to be taken.

6) I'm really quite miserable.

7) On the brighter side, I've had some down time to put into easing back into school. Let me tell you, not having to do homework for two and a half years really makes it hard to write that 750 word essay on service learning.

8) Yes, I know 750 words is nothing in college. I'm a big, fat school wuss right now. I may be in denial about the whole thing, in fact.

9) I did finally find some info on the No Child Left Behind Act. Quite a bit actually, and I now understand the pros and cons and consequences and demands and all that good stuff. Still not sure how I feel about it all yet.

10) I finally received my textbook today. It only took three calls to three different post offices and leaving a note on my front door instructing the post man to "leave the package the heck on my doorstep and not take it to one of the three aforementioned post offices without leaving me a note like the last two times." I think the note was the thing that did it.

11) Also, I've been wasting time this afternoon (not opening my new textbook) playing with my webcam's picture taking abilities. And I just realized I'm holding the books the wrong way to read the titles. Oh well.






***Please forgive the crabbiness of this post. I really don't feel well. :(

3 comments:

Monique said...

sorry you are sick. trust me working at a school will do that to you the first couple of years but then you get this amazing immunity. :) Hang in there it will be worth it in the end especially if you become a teacher by profession! :)

miss you! let's hang out when you feel better. wished you were there for ultimate frisbee on sunday! you and your skills and gender were dearly missed!

Mrs. Denniston said...

The picture didn't work because it is a mirror image of the books. :) Hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

Throat Coat Tea & Emergen-C. They'll save you.