Wednesday, January 30, 2008

January is National Scrapbook Month

I was so proud at myself for not spending so much money on food this month, until I realized I'm just using all that extra money to buy new scrapbooking supplies. Seems like every few days I find myself at Michael's, picking up something else. Thank goodness for those 40% off coupons that come every month!


This is the amazing item I picked up today. Deja Views chipboard letters in awesome colors (the picture doesn't do it justice), adhesive backings (so you can use the peel off backing as letters in another project), and there's over 200 pieces! Only $4.99, but I used my coupon on it and spent $3.22, or something like that. A-mazing.
Some exciting news: I submitted a layout to Creating Keepsakes, and I got an e-mail on Monday from one of the editors. They want to use it in the June issue! Hip hip hooray! I'll finally be published! It's not how I expected to get there, with my vast writing passions, but hey, what can you do?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Thought provoking comment #1: are you saying that they're going to publish a scrapbooking layout that you came up with? will you get paid? :D

thesmallblondeone said...

Yeppers. (That's what my 17-year old sister would say.) I'll show it to you when it comes out in June. :)