Saturday, October 25, 2008

Weekend Recap: Movie Night, FCC World Famous Rummage Sale, and Deviled Eggs

Cedric Digory + fall scrapbook kit + boring Friday night = sister bonding time.

(I thought the lace added a nice masculine touch to this page of our new neighbors. Yes, they do look like familiar characters, don't they?"


This year's rummage sale was a bit of a letdown compared to last year's when Sonia and I spent an hour browsing the book section alone. But I was able to come out with a few gems: The Westing Game to add to my Newbery collection, a Dee Henderson book I don't yet have, the Christian Writer's Market from 2006, and, finally to complete my Narnia collection, Prince Caspian.

I started collecting Narnia books at a yard sale when I was ten. I got a complete set- minutes Prince Caspian- for 75 cents. Since then I've added probably 20 more versions of Narnia books to the shelf, including some British versions. But a Prince Caspian at a yard sale? Never happened until last weekend. Too bad it doesn't fit with any of my other sets- it's one of the stupid movie versions.

With the rest of the day ahead of me I decided to learn something. How to make deviled eggs, to be specific.
And wonder of wonders they came out right! On my first try!
I think that's the first time that's ever happened to me before.

No comments: