Sunday, November 9, 2008

Birthday Week Part Two: Jesse Jay Schworm

This is my friend Jesse.
(He's the one on the left. Hopefully you figured that out.)




Sometimes he's a little weird.




But most of the time he's a pretty cool dog. Today is Jesse's birthday. He's number two in our birthday line up for the week.

Here are some fun memories I have with Jesse over the years:

1) Getting our cars towed at 11:30 at night and having to chase them down in Lakeside.
2) Brianhead trip and driving the van home from Utah. (He drove. I sat shotgun to keep him company and read To Kill a Mockingbird.)
3) Visiting Disneyland on the actual 50th anniversary day on complete accident. (Okay, so everyone was there for that, not just Jesse, but for some reason I didn't think of it when I did Justin's birthday profile.)
4) Him being the only one I could convince to try sardines. (Which, I'll have everyone know, he claimed weren't nearly as bad as he'd anticipated.)
5) Random picture trips down to La Jolla coves and Starbucks and the UCSD library to take awesome pictures with my new camera of four years ago.
6) The awesome night when I received that camera, which spiraled into an obsession with picture taking. Everyone chipped in for it, but I know that Jesse paid far more than everyone else, so I always think of it as his present.
7) Big Bear trip of '03, just us kids, no adults! But we're good kids, so all we did was go jet skiing and play Risk. (FYI- that's where the third picture above comes from.)
8) Jesse playing the movie star to my blonde assistant in one of our reality show movies... and something about banana ice cream... it's all kind of fuzzy.

And oh, so many more great times that are too many to count.

Happy birthday, Jesse Schworm!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

We all know he paid the most. :)
Hey dude, can I tell you how much I miss doing the kinds of stuff on that list!?

Tim said...

is that big bear picture at the top of Castle Rock? Or just somewhere else in Big bear?

thesmallblondeone said...

Jess: Me, too.
PS- Guess who's next in the birthday lineup? ;)
Sadly, I won't be able to post it until late tonight because all the fun pictures I want to add are at home on my external hard drive. :(

Tim: I have no idea where we are there, other than Big Bear.

Lady Liberty said...

Happy Birthday Jesse! I do miss the hanging outs.