Saturday, September 26, 2009

It's Saturday Again; Time for an Update!

Saturday: Let's start it off right with a cute picture of the OSF. This is from our run bunches of errands day, when we took a break from going to Best Buy, Radio Shack, Batteries Plus, Henry's, and Vons, and enjoyed a nice meal at the TGIFridays off the 163. That restaurant is super hidden back there, so it was really mellow inside, especially for a football game day. I got some yummy fish and chips and Chris went the healthy route with some Dragon spicy chicken dish.


He eats well to maintain that breathtaking adorableness of his.




Sunday: Had some more fun playing with the Slice. It's got some pre-made word features that let me cut the whole thing at once. I'm also pretty impressed with that tiny scalloped heart frame; this machine is amazing!


Monday night we went to Cody and Emily's to watch the season premieres of How I Met Your Mother, the Big Bang Theory, and House.


This is Cody's beloved dog, Cuddles. It's actually short for Mr. Cuddlesworth. Isn't that a ridiculous name for a dog? I can say that, because Cody didn't name him. He belonged to an old co-worker from Cody and Chris' company, Bulldog Drummond.


Cuddles used to be really fat. And smelly, if I remember correctly from Chris' stories. His owner used to bring him to work and let him wander around the Bulldog offices, and Chris didn't want to pet him because he smelled so bad. But everyone still loved Cuddles, in spite of his doggy smell and fatness.


When Cody adopted him, he put Cuddles on a strict work-out regime and eating schedule. And slowly, Cuddles lost all that unhealthy weight. And somehow the smell went away too.


He's still kind of a chubby dog, but at least he can go for walks now without dying. And Cody brings him to work and lets him wander around the Bulldog office. And Chris will pet him now that he doesn't stink.


PS- Cody's wife Emily hates Cuddles. It's really funny.


Tuesday: chicken gnocchi soup prep. My awesome boyfriend is amazing at slicing onions.


That is way I keep him around.



At the charter school, the teachers celebrate birthdays and going-aways with a special desert from this great bakery called Han's and Harry's. Tuesday we celebrate Sylvia's birthday with the best cake I've ever had in my life (so not an exaggeration): Colombian Mocha Buttercream. Oh. My. Gosh. It was so good, I've seriously been dreaming about it.


Okay, maybe that was an exaggeration.


On Wednesday we had this fruity strudel guy. (That's Brittany going in for a piece, by the way.) The thing was impossible to eat with a plastic fork, and we all eventually had to give up trying and use our hands. The strudel is not as good as the cake, in my opinion, but I've never been much of a strudel person, anyway.



Thursday: Chris has been craving sushi lately, and out of the blue on Wednesday night, Ryan called to suggest picking up sushi for TV Thursday. The OSF was all over that. So he and Ryan went straight to this hole in the wall sushi place that Chris swears by, and picked up quite a smorgasbord (who would have guessed that word has a 'd' on the end of it?) of rolled raw fish.


Now, I have had sushi a total of two times in my life before this. The first time, my old roommate Sarah brought some home; it was the most disgusting thing I'd ever eaten, and I could not fathom why people were so willing to spend large amounts of money on the stuff. The second time, Heather and Neil insisted I come with them, their cousin Brandon, and Jeremy Miller for a spur of the moment sushi on the beach trip. And you know what? That sushi tasted pretty good.


But I still wouldn't have paid money for it.


Chris brought back three variations of the California roll: the standard roll, the Hawaiian roll, and the crunchy roll, shown here:



The crunchy roll definitely won, but I just can't handle those things for very long. I think it's because you have to eat the whole thing at once, and I am one of those people who like to take small bites. So this sushi thing is just not very enjoyable for me.


I gave up after 5. Which I think was still a great amount of food... if Chris hadn't brought back about 20 pieces.


Picture of the Day goes to Ryan, looking skeptical about his choice, the soft-shell crab roll. Those things were ginormous!

3 comments:

justinpaulgibson said...

"Tuesday: chicken gnocchi soup prep. My awesome boyfriend is amazing as slicing onions."

You either really love slicing onions or you don't think much of Chris.

justinpaulgibson said...

Another thing: SHRINK THE SIZE OF THIS THING. If it doesn't fit in 1280x1024 then it shouldn't exist.

thesmallblondeone said...

I can't! It won't let me! I can either make it so that the darn heading is smaller than the rest of the blog or the way it is now. Blogger decided to hate me and my old template over the weekend.