Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Loot (Part One)

Round One: The Roomies


Brittany received the book Wicked and, erm, another present I don't know if I should disclose here.

Jenna received a rockin' scarf , an Audrey Hepburn shirt complete with bling, and 27 Dresses the DVD.

And I received an awesome lavendar scented Bath and Body Works warm up heating pad, and the accessory missing from my wardrobe for the last two months- Urban Outfitters armwarmers (in black)!


Pause. Background on the armwarmers.

It all started with these kids, you see. And these kids are called the amazing tour cast of Spring Awakening. You may have read about them once or twice on this blog.

(Really? More than twice?)

Anyway, they've got this video. It's about armwarmers. And their mission to make armwarmers a new fad. And they had me in the first minute, because we all know I'm a sucker for layers, and these are freaking removable layers that also keep your arms toasty and your fingers free to go about your day in a normal manner.

They're amazing.

But I told my poor economy-crunched self that I would have to wait until after Christmas to take stock of my leftover money and make that trip to Urban Outfitters in Fashion Valley Mall. In the meantime, I got a cheap knock off pair at Target. I told Jenna about my armwarmer plans about a month and a half ago. She was supportive. And ever since, any time I've come home with, "Jenna, guess what?!" she promptly answers "You got your armwarmers!" And then I have to tell her no, and roll my eyes at her, and remind her I have the self control to wait until after Christmas, because clearly she thought I would crack any moment and carry myself off to Urban Outfitters for a little pre-Christmas splurging.

No way. I'm stronger than that.

So I went on my merry little Target-arm-wearing way, until Monday, when I began to sadly wonder if Urban Outfitters armwarmers (in black!) were really a good use of my money. Sigh. And just when I started to really get down about it, the thought suddenly struck me that it hadn't once occurred to me that most likely someone in my life knew I wanted these armwarmers, knew how much I talked about getting them for myself, and thought, "Hmmmm... that's a sure way to get her a gift I know she'll love!"

Yeah, it took me all the way up to three days before Christmas to figure that one out. I blame Urban Outfitters Armwarmer Tunnel Vision.

Also, Brittany told me there were like three of them who thought of getting me those armwarmers. Do I really talk about them that much?

Anyway, please take note of my awesome armwarmers in every picture from here until the end of this post (except for the pictures I'm not in, of course).



Next pic: During roomie presents, we also opened the gifts Aaron so kindly left for us. Here we are enjoying our presents, Aaron! A picture just for you! Oh, by the way, the universal remote works splendidly-- what a great, practical gift! (Which are the exact kind of gifts I'm most fond of.)


Round Two: Ryan, Brittany, Jordan presents



Ryan received a cologne set and a desktop picture frame thingamajig complete with various pics from our Spring Awakening adventures. (Are you sensing the theme in this Christmas?)
Brittany got a really cute sweater, that is so totally her and, um, another thing maybe I shouldn't mention without her permission. She can post a comment if she wants to reveal her "mystery" presents.And I got, da da da DA! My very own copy of the Spring Awakening official companion, so now I don't have to bum Ryan's off him. LOVE IT. And my awesome armwarmers, of course, are here.

3 comments:

Lady Liberty said...

AMAZING holidays.... I have the best friends ever!

Jessica said...

what's the flippin mystery gift?????????????????????????????????????????????????? aHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

thesmallblondeone said...

Don't get all worked up, Jess. :) I'll tell ya later.