Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I'm Ba-ack!






Well, my Christmas rocked this year. How about the rest of yours?


For the first time in a loooooooong time, I had a real family Christmas. The OSF took me along over the weekend to celebrate with his family, and I had a marvelous time! Here's a list of just a few of the amazing factors of the weekend:




*Watching movies all day: Up, Paper Heart, and Julie and Julia (which was great!)
*Yummy crab and shrimp dinner
*Yummy lamb dinner
*Yummy cheesecake with cookies n' cream ice cream
*Yummy food all the time!
*Diamond earrings from the OSF!
*Awesome gifts from the rest of the family- including cookbooks, recipe books, and a handmade apron!
*Sleeping in waaaaay late
*11p.m. Christmas Eve service with an... interesting choir (Those of you who were there know what I'm talking about. ;)
*Repeatedly telling the story of how Chris and I met
*Wearing Christmas socks all day- not just because they're fun, but because they were necessary!


That's what I came up with off the top of my head. It was seriously a rad Christmas. Thanks to the T family for letting me share their holiday time!


Now that we're back in ol' San Diego, it's been all about running errands, getting groceries, and of course cooking up meals out of the new cookbook. (Monday's dinner: Ahi-ahi kabobs with rice, broccoli, carrots,and bell peppers, yum!) We're gearing up for a non-stop rest of the break what with Mandy's bachelorette party, Chris' golf day, New Year's Eve party, and Mandy's wedding the next day. 


I've been thinking about my goals for the year too, especially now that I have my very own 3hree 6ixty 5ive book to use this year, courtesy of that cute Italian boy. Last year the words I focused on were Fun and Freedom, and I'll have to write sometime about how I feel I fulfilled those goal-words over 2009. This year I think I'm looking at Health and Faith. And maybe a third word, but I'm not set on it yet. More to come on that later. 


I'm re-vamping the blog for the new year, too. I've already got the template ready to go, so look for a new and improved set up at the end of the week.


I had my parents over tonight while I tried to solve their computer printer woes. For whatever reason, no printer will install to their computer and it's driving everyone crazy. But mostly me since they think I should be able to solve all computer problems. So, since this printer problem has been known to cause strife and tension, I made them come to my house, where I could control things. Hee. I fed my dad Dennison's chili and set my mom up on Wii Tennis, and everyone left the house a happy camper- despite the still non-working printer. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just for the reoord, Chris' heritage is both French and Italian. For some reason, everyone seems to focus on the Italian part.....Must have something to do with the last name!!
Mimi T.

Ry said...

"Haaaaaaaaaave you met The OSF?" :P