Thursday, June 10, 2010

June 10, 2010

All these years of taking a bazillion pictures have finally paid off. Today, while I was browsing through some old photos, I thought, "Hey. Let's see if I've got a picture from this day from any of the last few years."

And as it turns out, I've got a picture for this day from the last four years.

Let me tell you. It's pretty awesome to look back through some digital files and be able to say, "I knew exactly where I was four years ago." 

I seriously need to get back into picture of the day mode.

But. Until then. Memory Lane?

Memory Lane.

On this day, in 2006, I was celebrating Gwen's 7th birthday. (On Monday night, we celebrated her 10th.)


On this day, in 2007, I was getting ready to move out of my fabulous apartment, away from my fabulous roommates (except Jenna, who stuck with me). And Jenna and I stopped to take one last photo shoot in our amazing room, with our amazing three bed set up that we all loved. (Mandy belonged to the other bed, in case anyone's wondering, but you can see here her mattress is already gone. I miss Mandy.)

On this day, in 2008, we were in the middle of the Great Couch War of '08. Where we each brought home a couch that everyone else hated and than had to sell on craigslist. This was Jenna's contribution, what we like to call the Not-a-couch. The Not-a-couch was scheduled to burn on what became known as Not-a-couch-burning-beach-bonfire night. It currently resides on our back porch. Still.


On this day, in 2009, the OSF gave me flowers because I was sick and he was leaving on a family trip and we had just started dating and we were all cute and mushy gushy like that. He happened to pick out a bunch of beautiful Gerber daisies, and I happen to think Gerber daisies are fabulousl, which was a happy coincidence.


And now here we are, today, 2010... and I had no picture. And it's dark, so no good picture was going to be had. So I told the OSF, hey, get over here, we're going to take a picture with my webcam!

And this is what I got***:












Love that guy. He makes me laugh.

Even though he wouldn't take me seriously about my "but I always take a picture on June 10! I just found that out!" argument.

*** Disclaimer: That is NOT a hickey on my neck. It is a bug bite that happens to look redder due to the Cortisone cream I just used.. I have never had, nor do I intend to have a hickey. Even after I'm married. It's just gross.

6 comments:

melody holz said...

I would not have noticed your hickey if you didn't point it out for me. :)

Mrs. Denniston said...

I didn't notice it either. :) That's cute! I'm suprised you remember the story behind each picture!

thesmallblondeone said...

Mel: Errrrrr... and it's even worse, redder AND itchier, today which unfortunately was our school end of year luncheon which everyone attends.

Liz: I have a weird memory for these kind of things. It's very rare I find a picture and don't remember either why we were taking that picture. Unless it's like little kid pictures or something. :) And it helps that I have my photos folder arranged by specific date, so all I had to do was go to the June 10 folder of each year to find out if I even had a picture for that day. :)

poloair2303 said...

Sometimes you just have to channel Madonna and strike a pose!

And by the way, we are still all mushy gushy ;)

Jessica said...

yep, you pointing it out just confirms that it is indeed a hickey. heeeheeee!!!

Gwen turned 6 in 2006. :)

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have noticed, either. On top of which... I think you'll change your mind about these things.