Monday, June 7, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday

I'm pretty sure I've used that title before, but it just fits, you know?

How was your Monday? Mine went something like this:

Did not want to wake up (who does on Monday morning?)
Went to work
Began grading Andrew Emmel's Business and Careers homework.
Explained to Andrew why I put Incomplete all over his work when he chooses not to answer #5 (the essay question) on every section.
Said hi to Nephi. Asked if he wanted to do Algebra tutoring, which I had prepared for on Friday.
Set up math tutoring in the back room. Today we did factoring by grouping, and learned the torture of factoring by grouping trinomials.
Welcomed Andrew and Francis to our math tutoring club.
Had fun tutoring math.
Really enjoyed seeing Nephi totally get it.
Felt really glad that I've been keeping up on his work.
Lunch time.
Left work.
Got gas.
Paid rent.
Got to Chris' place and settled in for homework in the air conditioned condo.
Read almost the whole chapter. Even watched the online bonus videos on direct instruction.
Fell asleep.
Woke up.
Went to Gwen's tenth birthday party.
Was really sad that Gwen is ten.
Loved hearing her talk about the zillions of books she's reading.
Saw a lot of myself in her.
Talked with Mike about teaching.
Talked with Jessica about the wedding.
Showed off my ring to Virginia and Genessee.
Tried to teach everyone what my new last name would be.
Hugged everyone good-bye.
Came back to the condo. The Monday night crowd was there for TV and dinner.
Talked with Chris and Cody on the porch while they barbecued chicken.
Learned we couldn't get our first choice videographer.
Learned of a new videographer that Cody knows.
Looked at the first engagement photo that was sent to us by Rico and Rachel.
Watched as Cody worked his magic to spiff it up and drop it into our save the date template.
Got really excited. It's cool.
Set up at the kitchen table for more homework.
Did not get any further in homework and opened up Jen and Justin's photos instead.
Opened my flickr account to upload to.
Became frustrated with flickr.
Made a shutterfly website to upload to.
Loved the shutterfly website.
Opened my book again for homework.
Decided to write a blog instead.

2 comments:

melodyholz said...

I threw up a little bit in my mouth when I read the words "factoring trinomials".

thesmallblondeone said...

Hee. I love factoring now. It's so much easier to get when you're 25 then when you're 15. Why is that?