Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Headaches and Such

So I've had this crazy headache since two Sundays ago. So crazy that it wasn't letting me sleep, and wasn't responding to Ibuprofin at all. Fortunately, I found Aleeve on Thursday and it works like a charm, and even more fortunately, my roommate happens to have some 500 mg's of Naproxen (the major component of Aleeve) leftover from having her wisdom teeth pulled, which she has graciously offered to me in my discomfort. And it's been an okay week; I just pop another pill as soon as I feel the one before wearing off.

The problem is I don't like being dependent on modern medicine, and I don't want to jack up my system with these things. So tonight I plan to go cold turkey. I haven't had the drugs since 9:30 this morning, and I'm still doing pretty good at 9:30 at night, with a slight bout of pain around 5pm, andI'm going to try to get through the night without the darn things. Good luck to me.

(I don't foresee this experiment working past midnight, but at least I now have documented evidence that I did try to get off the drugs.)

2 comments:

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Thought provoking comment #6: Never thought I would be able to say that the innocent Jordan Peck is a druggie. hehe... Intervention!!

P.S. Hope your head feels better. :)