Friday, February 29, 2008

Victory, the Weather, and Organic Eating

That's right, a triple feature today, folks.

Well, I made it through Tuesday night without the drugs. Yippee! Then made it all the way through work and then even small group on Wednesday night with just a few twinges of headache to let me know yes, it was still there, but not raging a full on attack in my head. But by the time I got home I could tell the war was about to start again, so I took the naproxen I'd been carrying in my pocket all day, just in case. And now it's 11am on Friday and I'm sitting pretty, so progress has been made, if not a miraculous healing.

The weather: what the heck!?!? Sunny, cold, sunny, cold. How am I supposed to know how to dress myself in the morning if each day is a surprise? We're on cold today, which is a disappointment because we have a work lunch scheduled today and I was really looking forward to sitting outside for an hour and a half in the great weather from the last two days. But nope! It's cold out there. Cold and gray.

Now, organic eating. I've decided there might be something to it. So I researched some yesterday and decided that, while I'm not going full on organic (I like my ranch dressing with my raw carrots), I am going to try to seek it out when possible. And I'm going to try to eat better from here on out, and cut way back on my beloved (and seemingly needed to function) coca-cola. So for breakfast this morning I had a nice start of an organic orange and a handful of tropical trail mix. I was going to throw in the runt banana from the bunch I bought yesterday, but wasn't feeling that much food that early, plus I didn't want to be full for the work lunch. And you know what? I already feel healthier. :)

At least, I don't feel an obsessive need for a coke to wake me up right now.

4 comments:

Brittany Keener said...

you have had this since january and you are just now telling me. i'm hurt. scarred.. for good. i don't think i will ever be the same again. sniff...

Jessica said...

Thought provoking comment #7: Did you know that the weather and what you eat have a direct influence on how your head feels? Oh yes, my friend... they do.

:: mandy :: said...

Jorrrrdan..... I feel like I live with you again, primarily because suddenly I was involuntarily hearing country music! :)

So:
1) I don't know what the marshmallow promises are. Dangit.

2) I wish I could've gone to Outback with you this weekend. Alas. Instead I opted for very little sleep and alot of people.

3) When is our roommate reunion happening???

4) Why am I not just talking to you on the phone or something...? This seems like a very indirect form of communication. New territory for me. I like it! :)

Brittany Keener said...

what fun is a blog if you never write in it. :(