Saturday, July 19, 2008

Some Favorites

In case anyone's interested in what lens I have:



Flowers are pretty, yes?

New toy! New toy!


RAW images are my new best friends:



She might kill me for posting this one, but hey, she never checks my blog anyway, right?




My cute little sis:

See? I'm not above posting obnoxious pictures of myself, too:


And one from last night's High School Musical party:


Okay, the High School Musical party.
When we visited camp for the Indian Idol talent show on Wednesday, Sonia decided we should all get together over the weekend to watch HSM, which is her and Liz' obsession. Big time obsession. But she said we had to watch it at Jig's house, because apparently Jig's roommate, Emo, has an even bigger obsession. And does he ever. He's got both the movies, a HSM lunch box that sings, an East High penant on the wall, and a Mickey mouse in a red and white basketball jersey. But probably the scariest piece of paraphanalia is the half-sized-to-real-life sticker of Vanessa Hudgens on the wall outside the kitchen.
Emo says she flirts with him every morning as he eats his cereal.
It's really quite disturbing.
So, I'd seen the first one, and liked it all right. Good music. Good morals. Ashley Tisdale's awesome, and two of the kids were on Veronica Mars. It's a nice combo.
High School Musical TWO? Is so ridiculously absurd I can't even talk about it. Okay, maybe just a little. Here were some of my personal favorite most unbelievable moments:
1) The over-use of the phrase "we're all in this together."
2) Vanessa Hudgens giggling like a five-year-old valley girl.
3) Lanterns that suddenly turn into helium balloons.
4) Obnoxious lighting changes that go from perfecly lit outside scenes to ridiculously obvious backdrops with purple lighting, and then back again... in the same scene.
5) Zac Efron walking into the club with what could only have been an acting direction to "look as if you've never seen a pool area before."
6) The ridiculous boy band-ish start of "Bet on it."
7) The ridiculous sand throwing moment of "Bet on it."
8) The ridiculous reflection in the lake during "Bet on it."
9) Zac Efron's pirouhette during "Bet on it."
10) Dives into the shallow end of the pool... by the lifeguard on duty.
The only redeeming factor of the entire movie? Ryan and his incredible facial expressions.
Also good?
"Repeat?!" Which I will be using in the future.

3 comments:

Omino di Ferro said...

Dear Miss Peck,
I'm sorry to seem a bit intrusive, but reeding your blog is like to live a slice of that unbelievable life we only can have watching american movies. As this practice is almost having a daily frequency, I formally ask you: do you mind if I go on?

SmallIronMan

p.s. very beautiful pics, really.

thesmallblondeone said...

I'm glad you find my life so fascinating! I've personally found it rather dull in the last few months.

Lurk away! - As long as you take no offense to occasional digs that may come against the Italian national soccer team. (I'm still quite bitter that they beat my Germany at World Cup '06.) :)

Omino di Ferro said...

the man who said i'd rather be lucky than good, saw deep into life. Woody Allen, Match Point.

you know, a football match - as life - is very umpredictable. and i can grant you that our main strategy is based on luck, rather than on talent!

ok, thank you, so. i'm leaving for france for a few days of holiday. you won't have me lurking around for a while.

but please don't stop my american dream!