Tuesday, July 8, 2008

To Cut? Or not to cut?

Yes, that is the question.

And before you all think I'm going emo on you, I'm referring to the ridiculousness I call my hair. I know that if I go ahead and cut it, I'll never have it long again. Part of me just wants to keep holding out for just that reason. Then the other part of me that can't do anything with my own hair is screaming at me to chop it off so I don't have to worry about it. That part was darn well winning for awhile. Then two other parts, we'll call them Jen and Justin, convinced me last Thursday to keep it long. I was convinced... until today. And now we're back to the beginning.

What I really want is to cut it about midway down my back. That way it's not a shock to just have it all gone, and if I want to go shorter I'm already half there. But I feel like it would be such a waste to have grown my hair this long and then not donate it. I blame this conflict on my mom for raising me not to waste anything.

So I have until Thursday to decide. I guess right now I'm leaning toward keeping it long and layering, thus giving me more time to get used to the idea of chopping it all off next time. Or, I'm going to end up being selfish and cutting around 4 inches off to get what I want. Sheez.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....... Just think of the poor bald lady that doesn't get a beautiful wig made of yor hair.....
:D

Mo said...

give it to the bald kids!! perhaps they need it more than you and they'll know what to do with it! ;)