Monday, July 14, 2008

Vanns.com: Check It Out

Yippee!

So far my experience blowing hundreds of dollars on technology has been enjoyable. My Montana supplier has proven be be faithful on many accounts:

1) When I had a question about the mysterious disappearance of Awesome Bundle Options (!), I was told on Saturday night that I would get an answer on Monday (cuz it looks like that store's a Christian, and is closed on Sundays); but I got a reply back Sunday morning (before church, I'm sure) from a very informative representative (who unfortunately confirmed that the bundle deal was indeed over, but hey, she was nice about it).

2) Then when I decided to go for the camera anyway(sometime around 11pm last night), and clicked to order the NOT bundled camera bag along with it, I got a pop-up that I could purchase this for around 40% off if I wanted to browse the go-backs section of returned bags that had all been given a perfectly-good-condition stamp of approval. Can you say heck yeah? (I thought so.) What a brilliant idea.

3) THEN, when I've placed my order, gotten my confirmation, been told that my order will go out on Wednesday, probably arrive around the 22nd (next Tuesday, still not a bad turn around for FREE shipping), and settled myself into a long nine days of researching every detail of SLR shooting that I can (I finished color balance and sharpness lessons on the Canon website over lunch today), I get this little e-mail at 3pm:


JORDAN PECK,
Your Vanns.com order processing has been completed. The purpose of this email is to confirm that order 51461216014024965468 has been sent to our shipping department. If you have received this email before 12 PM MST on a regular business day, your order will be shipped out on the same day.



Me: Why thank you, Vanns.com. I suppose I should be on the lookout for my camera full of awesomeness sometime next Tuesday then?

Vanns.com: No, it should be arriving this Thursday according to our FedEx buddies, who have already stopped by to pick up your camera of awesomeness; it's probably somewhere in Wyoming by now. Didn't we tell you we're all awesome like that?

SO! Thursday's the big day! (On an unrelated note, it's also the day Jenna and I have chosen for a mini-spring cleaning day of sorts. But don't tell Jenna I referenced spring cleaning for it; she thinks this is just a regularly scheduled cleaning moment.)

No comments: