Wednesday, July 9, 2008

To Splurge, or to Splurge More?

Along with my moral dilemna of chopping my hair or not (today I'm on the 'totally-doing-it' side, but who knows what will happen next time I brush my hair-- less than 24 hours to decide!), my latest problem is figuring out what kind of camera to upgrade to. I love my little Canon A75 to death. It is my most treasured gift, perfectly wrapped and presented to me Christmas 2004 by the most amazing friends I'll ever have.

Sadly, at 3.2 megapixels, it's a little behind in times now. I will always, always keep it on hand as my back-up (and probably even go-to early on for quick shots I need to know how to do fast), but the time has come, the walrus said, to talk of other things. Namely, do I go for the latest and greatest A series Canon, the A590, which is basically the 2008 upgrade of my little A75, or should I forsee my photography passion growing in the next year and splurge right on up to the Rebel XT (oh, the Rebel...)?

Seeing as there is a price difference of $300 between the two, this is no easy decision. What I need is to get my hands on someone's Rebel to play with for awhile, and then figure it out.

Pro/Con list to follow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... well, with your trusty old camera you've already taken some really cool shots, so as a budding photographer, you could just go for the Rebel, I say, and do more fancy tricks.

But then again, you've proven that you don't need a fancy camera to take great shots. Soooo... this comment is kinda moo.

(Like a cow's opinion.)

thesmallblondeone said...

Ryan. Your opinion is never moo. :)