Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sick = Sad face. :(

I hate being sick. It's the lamest thing ever!


I have an unusual cold right now. Unusual in that it does not follow my usual cold pattern which goes like this:


Day one and two: sore throat
Day three and four: runny, itchy nose and watery eyes
Day five and six: gross cough
Day seven: pretty much good to go


I like patterns. They are predictable. Also my colds have always responded to either Dayquil or Tylenol Allergy relief meds. As in, six out of those seven days I'm fine enough to carry on with life without too many problems.


But this cold is shaking things up a bit:
Day one: sore throat reminiscent of the crazy sore throat I had back in July, complete with accompanying headache and earache.
Day two: fine
Day three: mid-afternoon slap in the face with runny nose, itchy, watery eyes
Day four: Same thing
Day five: Brief reprieve
Day six: Slap! The worst! Couldn't make it through the workday without a box of Kleenex next to me. Meds are helping for about an hour and then I'm on my own. A hint of a yucky cough mixed in with a sneeze foreshadows darker days ahead.


Michelle, at the school. says maybe it's the seven-years' change, where supposedly every seven years your body finds a new way of dealing with things. Kristen thinks it's just allergies. I do not like either of these suggestions. One, I was fine with my old cold pattern. It was cake. Two, if this is allergies, please do not sign me up. What number do I need to call to get me off this list?


Now if you'll excuse me, it's been four hours and I have another two tablespoons of Dayquil waiting for me in the kitchen. 




Signed,


Sad Face


:(

4 comments:

Jessica said...

HEY! take some claritin. Stop taking dayquil, it's too much medicine for things you don't have. claritin and sudafed should do you well. and LOTS of water. :)

Sarah B. said...

I just got over being sick! I used a whole box of Puffs with Vicks and stayed in bed as much as I could! Then I gave it to my husband :(

I took sudafed during the day and nyquil at night :) The nyquil let me get some sleep.

thesmallblondeone said...

Yeah, I tried to stay away from the dayquil but it just works too good. I felt soooo much better the next day at work, and I've been just taking a shot of it in the morning to get me through the day. I don't think I've ever tried sudafed so I'll grab that next time. Thanks for the advice.

mysteria456 said...

Make SURE to get the Sudafed from behind the pharmacist's counter. Also Advil Cold and Sinus works wonders for me (also get it behind the pharmacists counter).