Saturday, February 20, 2010

Valentine's Day

So... Chris has had a Valentine's surprise in the works which he had been taunting me with in the weeks leading up to the 14th. Well, okay, I guess taunting isn't accurate. It was more like:

Me: "What are we doing?"
Chris: "Not telling you."
Next day:
Me: "Where are we going?'
Chris: "Wouldn't you like to know."

What a punk!

I did know we were going out to eat. Had no idea where.

I figured it out when we reached North Park... and the street started looking really familiar....


Flashback- May 13, 2009


The First Date


The week before Sonia's wedding, the OSF took me out for our first date. We went to a restaurant he'd been to recently called Vagabond- a client at his work had taken him and few of his co-workers there for a thank you lunch. I had a yummy caesar salad. I think I was also sick. And the OSF was so forward as we walked back to his car that evening- just reached for my hand like he already had me won over. (Okay, he had.)

So there we were, wandering down a street in North Park, until he spotted Vagabond and we parked. We were among the first couples there and got a great table to the side. They had a set menu for the night, where we had three choices for our appetizer, salad, and main dish: We each chose the filet mignon for the main dish, and oh my gosh, it was amazing. I was very said when that part was over. ;) We got free champagne, too, and a little cake/mousse thing for dessert. It was such a nice little dinner with my favorite person in the world! I love him to pieces!

That was the end of the planned surprise, he said, and I was ecstatic about that, since I'd felt soooo tired all weekend, even throughout our dinner. So we went home and started a movie, Winter Passing, that he'd grabbed from his parents' DVD collection when were up there for his mom's birthday. The movie had Zooey Deschanel and Will Ferrel in it, so we figured it was going to be a winner.

We watched to the part where Zooey Deschanel's characters drowns her kitten in the river, before Chris reached for the remote and snapped the TV off. "Valentine's Day downer movie!"

And after that we talked and snuggled.

It was a great night.

1 comment:

Ry said...

Poor kitties! But cool that V-Day was full of Vagabondage. :P