Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1) I signed up for my first 3 months of classes at National! Chris and I drove through the rain and traffic to get to National headquarters. He came along because he wanted to know about the loan application process, but we ended up not meeting with the financial aid guy. So no news on aid, but I start classes in March. 


2) Anyone have any suggestions for good shaving cream or lotion? These dry winter months are killing my legs!


3) I just found out that I'm moving up to 40 hours at the charter school, which is excellent news. I get to work in the "library" at the main office in Sorrento Mesa. Don't know what it entails yet, but it's something to do with all our textbooks and lesson guides!


4) The rain sucks and here's why. a) I don't like my feet being wet. b) Several strands of my hair start doing this wavy thing that would be cute if it were my whole head of hair and not just here and there pieces; it just looks like I couldn't decide how to do my hair that morning. c) People are rude in the rain; they only care about getting out of it themselves. Example, it took me 10 minutes to merge a lane over tonight on the 15 north. Then when I finally went for it, the guy sped up, forcing me back in my lane. Horrid rain people.


5) Had dinner at La Salsa with the OSF tonight, while we waited out the traffic, rain, and horrible rain people. A delightful experience as always.


6) The OSF's taking me out for Valentine's Day... but I don't know what we're doing! This has caused some speculation amongst the people I work with.... and yes, they're thinking what you're thinking.


7) I wasted a lot of time tonight trying to download youtube videos.


8) I found a youtube video of the German (I think) cast of Spring Awakening! It kind of sounds awesome in (I think) German.


9) No news on the writing front. There hasn't been much writing in the past week or so. There has been much getting inspired by reading the blogs of other authors though! That counts, right? Right?


10) And for our number ten spot we have the birth of the new Burmeister Baby: Micah! A.K.A. Hamster Cheeks, for obvious reasons. Fresh meat to photograph. I love it.

4 comments:

mysteria456 said...

For the lotion, use anything by Eucerin. It's a little greasy at first, but give it a few minutes to soak in and it works wonders.

And I know the rain sucks, but wild fires suck more. So I say keep the rain coming.

thesmallblondeone said...

I will concede to your point about wildfires. And Eucerin you say....

Anonymous said...

Ah, baby cakes made the cut!! Fame comes at a young age for some, I guess. :)
Aveeno has always been good to us. We buy the Costco packs of it every single season. Also, Trader Joe's has a shaving cream in a stand-up tube that is actually in the form of lotion (not foam). The blue tube is unscented and the orange tube is mango. Oooh la la. It seems to be very kind to the skin. Hope that helps!

Jessica said...

curel is nice too. Avon makes a nice lotion shaving cream that's....nice. can't remember what it's called.

yes...we're all thinkin it.

we miss you.