Thursday, June 19, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

It's been a busy, busy week:

Friday night: Watched Sandlot with Brian and Katelyn (she'd never seen it, is that crazy or what?!)
Saturday: Alicia's grad party and first Star Wars movie night of the summer (that's where the couch picture took place). Participants included Brian and Katelyn, Aaron/Metro, Jeremy/Ping, Jenny/Waterbug, Jenny's boyfriend whose camp name is Stetson and whose real name I totally just blanked on (sorry!), Alicia/Hurricane, and Ryan (Ryan, we need to make a camp name for you). It was good fun all around, and a great group of people to watch a classic like Star Wars with. We talked through the whole movie, tried out sound effects, and offered up fun making-of Star Wars facts that we happened to know. Definitely need to have round two in a few weeks.
Sunday: Father's Day! Got my dad season one of the Andy Griffith Show, which is the first gift I've ever gotten that I genuinely believed he would love when he opened it (my dad's hard to buy for). And success! He said as soon as the race was over he was going to pop that baby in the DVD player. I followed my sister around with the camera while she was freaking out getting ready for camp. That was fun. She did finally stop for three seconds to pose with her Lightning McQueen watch, her proof that she is in fact a member of the Cars club at camp. After that, Jeremy and I went to Aaron's to watch the American vs. Barbados World Cup qualifier. We scored in the first minute, and I have a new favorite player on the American team: Brian Ching. He got a hat trick in this game, but that's not why I love him. It's because he was always smiling out on the field. I like optimism out on the field. Don't worry, Philipp Lahm- you're still my favorite international soccer stud.
Monday: Got my Pampered Chef order from Heather's party a few weeks ago. A food chopper that has already delighted me by cutting eggs, broccoli, and almonds with just two twists each, and my amazing lime green knife set! Pictures to come for sure. Left Youth Venture at 7:15 because no kids were there anymore. Apparently we're supposed to stay open until 9pm now, but Neil told neither David or me, so we decided it wasn't true. And left early anyway.
Tuesday: The greatest discovery of the week! The new La Mesa library, just blocks from our apartment, has finally opened its doors, and it is everything I hoped for and more. If anybody out there had seen the old library, you would agree that it was quite awful. No windows, tiny space, and all the tables were crammed together in the center of the room. It was horrible. But this new place! Jenna and I went around seven on Tuesday night to check it out and it is a-mazing. High ceilings, windows all over the place, great little comfy chairs, tables along the perimeter and near the windows, brand new bookshelves (I think we all know how much I love those new bookshelves), and outlets all over the place. I know where I'm spending my free time this summer.
Wednesday: Pretty chill day at work. Got home, reheated some leftovers from dinner the night before, and packed off for the library. Totally got the table in the corner facing the street and monopolized it for two hours. Found a new great musical song called On My Way. Now stuck in my head.

I think this weekend will be a little quieter, but watch out for next weekend! Disneyland, couch-burning-beach-bonfire night, Ryan's graduation and birthday-- it's going to be nuts!

No comments: