Friday, January 23, 2009

Five on Friday

1) I got my hair  cut yesterday by the wonderful Jenafer. It was so time; the last time she cut it was back in July when she convinced me to go short (which was sage advice, Jen). It's been so long that I've taken to curling it almost everyday just so no one can tell how uneven and abominably straight it is. I love the new cut, but then, I always love it when Jen does it, because she's just so darn good at it. 

Unfortunately, no one noticed my haircut.  And I ran into more than a fair share of friends yesterday. I'm going to take everyone's indifference as 'my hair must have looked fine all this time' and not as 'nobody pays any attention to me.

2) Apparently Superlatives on Facebook are back in style. Here's what friends are saying about me today:

What Friends Think of You

Jessica BestJessica Best thinks you are Most Likely To Steal a Traffic Sign
Jessica BestJessica Best thinks you are Most Likely To Know the Entire Dialogue to Every FRIENDS Episode
Jessica BestJessica Best thinks you are Most Likely To Get Out of Trouble by Smiling
Justin GibsonJustin Gibson thinks you are Most Likely To Giggle for NO Apparent Reason
Justin GibsonJustin Gibson thinks you are Most Likely To Be the Most Creative
Justin GibsonJustin Gibson thinks you are Most Likely To Have a Blonde Moment

Okay, I'll fess up to most of these, but I ask you, when have I ever stolen a traffic sign, or what about me has given the impression that I would?

3) I got a second parking ticket today. Darn, stupid, blasted 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month for street sweeping! We don't even live on a high traffic street!

I tell you, if I was going to steal a sign, it would be that one.

4) The first TV Thursday of the year was good. We'll be doing it again next week at the girls' place, and then (fingers crossed) hopefully the week after at Ryan and Andy's new apartment.

5) I know a lot more about sales tax than the normal person. I have done research, people. I have spoken to representatives from the State Board of Equalization to make sure I know my stuff. Case in point: I just sent back our 2008 sales tax return to our accountant because it is WRONG. All wrong. And costing us like $50 more in district taxes we don't even owe. Come on, Accountant Dude: I practically wrote the book on district taxes.

1 comment:

Mo said...

comment on your #3: that one made me l.o.l.

comment on #5: you go girl!!!!!