Thursday, January 1, 2009

New.


I don't like the passing of time. It kind of makes me sad, knowing we can never get time back, never be in the exact same time in our lives again. But. There is something about a fresh start that I absolutely love. I love brand new file folders at work. I love a brand new laptop just waiting to be filled (with meticulously organized folders, of course). I love the idea that no matter what happened in the year before, it is officially in the past.

A lot of the blogs I read are talking about picking a word to use as a theme for the year. I've had my own picked out for about three weeks now.

But I'm using two words, because I don't like limiting myself.

FUN + FREEDOM

And instead of resolutions, my new year's decisions will be circulating around these words. For instance, today Brittany suggested a trip up to Julian to take pictures, and I wasn't really feeling it (I think I'm getting sick). Normally I would have stayed home and nursed my pseudo-cold with soup and movies, but, in honoring the FUN part of my resolution, I went along. And you know what? It was FUN. (And we got some snazzy snow pictures.)








Happy 2009, everybody!

3 comments:

Not Short...Just Fun-Sized! said...

you should have called me! I live 1/ mile out of town!!!!

Not Short...Just Fun-Sized! said...

1/2 mile....sorry. MySPACE me or gmail me for my ##!!!!!

Lady Liberty said...

moral of the story: Brittany has good suggestions :) lol