Thursday, January 29, 2009

Inspiration

Inspired by my two new favorite coffee shop cohorts (you know who you are), who spent a lengthy Tuesday evening discussing their goals for the future year, I decided maybe I needed to step it up a bit on my own goals.

Which is why you can currently find me at the Rancho San Diego Starbucks, camped out on the couch, surrounded by books, my laptop, index cards, and two sugar-filled, but not coffee-related, drinks. (The first one came free because Jenna works here; the second one came free because the girl who made it made a completely different one on accident and gave me both. I think I like this place.)

Unfortunately, I didn't plan very well, because although I have all the above mentioned stuff, I forgot to take the SD card that I keep all my current documents on out of my main laptop and transfer it to this little guy. So I don't know how productive I'm being exactly, going off memory, but I'm here, right? We'll call this little trip a brainstorming session.

Anyway, I kind of like it in here. It's quiet, but not deathly silent. Jenna's here, and it's fun watching her interact with customers and her fellow baristas. I knew about half the people present when I first walked in.

I think I'm gonna like it here. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to want to hear what came out of this little session on Tuesday! Kinda like a "you show me yours, cuz we should you ours" kinda thing... :)

-Cohort #1