Friday, July 17, 2009

Five on Friday

1) I finally, finally, finally got my 2006 taxes refiled. Turns out the government still owed me $490. Take that, IRS! Note to college kids: If your parents aren't claiming you, make sure you get the form from your college that reports how much you paid in tuition that year, including what your loan company pays for you. You'll get waaaaay more back.

2) My sore throat is finally, finally, finally better. The turn came on Wednesday, when I was able to get through the day without pain killers and manage to eat full meals. Last night I yawned for the first time in over a week. Let me tell you something: not being able to yawn, when you really need to yawn, is not a fun predicament. Try it right now. Try thinking about yawning without actually doing it. Don't you want to yawn really badly now? Now imagine giving in to the need and getting shooting pain through your throat and ear when you try. 

I'm really happy that I can yawn again. In fact, I'm yawning right now.

3) On the way back from picking up my newly refiled taxes earlier, I stopped to treat myself to a 79 cent (86 cents with tax) coke at McDonald's. The line was longer than usual, so decided to see if I could come up with the total using just change I had in my purse. I had to count out 36 pennies, but by the time I'd picked out all the change, I had exactly 86 cents. Not one cent over or under. And yes, I apologized to the cashier when I dumped a pile of coins into his hands. He didn't mind. (He also didn't bother counting; good thing I'm honest.)

4) The OSF and I are going camping tomorrow with some of his friends. Should be fun, and a great time for a photo op. Note to self: Charge camera battery.

5) The OSF tried to help me crash the Coldplay concert last night, but they were sadly sold out of tickets by the time we got there. Big bummer, since he already had a ticket, and our other friends were already inside Cricket waiting for us. After conversing with some shady scalpers and putting on our best 'we need a ticket' face, Chris ended up giving his ticket to a pair of girls who also only needed one, and we went up to the overlooking park to listen to the concert from there. Poor OSF! He flew home from his vacation early just for this concert. :( At least the sound reaching the park was better than the Rascal Flatt's concert from March. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember back in the day when we lived in B22 together? I was on my deathbed for three weeks and even wrecked my car in the hospital parking lot and Mandy took a photo of my throat so I could email it to school as evidence of such death? Anyways... the ONLY thing that made me feel better was Throat Coat Tea. I swear by it. Please buy a box, even though you're better now, and drink a cup as soon as you have even the slightest sign. You won't regret it unless you don't try it. :)
--a message from your friendly neighborhood drug czar