Monday, July 13, 2009

Why me? Why now?

This is a line Heather and I have used quite often at the office. Anytime anything remotely bad happens to either of us, the line makes an especially dramatic appearance. Those of you who know Heather can imagine she is particularly good at delivering this line. 

Well, Heather's not at the office so much anymore, but this would so be one of those days. Why me...?! Why now...?! You'll have to  picture the dramatic hand to the forehead and sinking into my chair actions that accompany the words. 

In case you hadn't guessed, my sore throat is still alive and kicking. And throbbing. And making my right ear pound. And preventing me from one of my favorite activities: eating. When it finally comes to the point where I either need to eat or faint, I go through the food as fast as possible to limit the agony. I know, I know, you all feel so sorry for me. I feel sorry for me too. 

About an hour ago I actually looked up the prescribed dosage of Aleve. Did you know you're not supposed to take more than three Aleve a day? Since I took eight yesterday, and had just thrown back my fifth for just today, I'm now wondering what possible side effects I may incur. The only thing listed on the bottle is stomach bleeding, and how the heck am I supposed to know if that's happening? I think I'll back off the Aleve for now and run by Target to pick up some throat spray. Supposedly the main stuff, Chloraseptic, tastes awful and only works for half an hour, but that's got to be preferable to stomach bleeding, right?

As Ryan said yesterday, it's definitely a track four kind of day.

And we're back to finishing off posts with lines from Spring Awakening songs. Because I'm feeling particularly angsty this week, apparently.


It's the (bleep) of living,
(bleep), just the (bleep).

2 comments:

justinpaulgibson said...

See now, if this were me, I'd change the use of the phrase to only be used in the most mundane of situations. Like say, if you ask if so and so can pass the stapler and they say that it's run out of staples but there are more in the storage closet. Or if you reach the end of your beverage. Or if you accidentily mistype something. The more mundane, the better. It should be used as much as possible.

Jessica said...

hahaha Justin is awesome.
poor Jordan! I feel so bad for you! :( I hope you feel better. To prevent spreading of said germs, let's put a pin in tax stuff for right now. :) Come over next week or the week after when you're well. :) I do love you though!