Saturday, June 13, 2009

Balance

I've spent the majority of today trying to catch up with the mundane things in life. It seems lately I've been taking my goal-part-one-word-for-the-year, FUN, a little too seriously, and have been slacking in other areas. Like laundry. And vacuuming my room. And finishing making the transfer of files between my old beloved laptop and this new to-be-named-later guy.

So today was a day to get caught up, and as I sit here now, 8:30pm, with the living room full of various friends playing Mario Party (before the ice cream social starts), I'm happy to say I was able to clean my room, wash my bedsheets, towels, and miscellaneous clothes, and even reorganize the kitchen cabinets to make more room for the glasses and less room for those twenty coffee mugs, of which only four get regularly used.

That's the kind of balance I like.

And in spite of working on all these little tasks, I was still able to throw in my fun factor: The OSF came over for a couple hours and we got lunch (In'N'Out and McDonald's - for the rad coca cola classes they're giving out with their meals!) and watched an episode of Veronica Mars. (I've got that boy hooked!) We also came up with a great plan to organize the pots and pans in the kitchen; the way they're thrown in the cabinets now makes me want to cry. Well, not really, but it makes me super irritated sometimes, so I'm stoked to see how this projects plays out. That OSF boy sure has some good ideas. I think I'll keep him around.

And now for bonus fun: Brittany's planned an ice cream social at our house for tonight. She's been going crazy lately with homemade ice cream, and tonight is her chance to share it with the world... er, our friends. Details and pictures sure to come.

No comments: