Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday

Sheesh. It's been quite a weekend. Parties, parties, and more parties. We're just party animals here in San Diego. I'll be updating all those events in the next few days, but for now I'm sneaking a teeny bit of time between Sea World with Ryan and Chris and heading off to my indoor soccer game.

Ryan, Chris, and I went to Flood this morning to hear about laughter. That was the topic of discussion this Sunday. I've got to say, I'm really digging the Flood's lessons and worship... although it's more the worship band itself than the people actually worshipping, who are pretty stiff. We need to bring that band to Foothills and watch everyone rock out!

After that the boys were hungry, and Ryan voted for pho (pronounced fu, with a short vowel sound, like... well, you know). It's this Vietnamese-ish broth soup-ish thing that you add a whole bunch of stuff to, like cilantro, basil, bean sprouts... it's very good for you, according to Chris. I was anticipating a new delicious dish, as many people have now told me that they love pho (fu), and it's so good, and I'll never go back to regular soup, and yadda-yadda. But sadly, I found pho (fu) to be merely 'dubna," a word coined by Ry and Chris which means 'Decent, but not amazing."

After pho (fu), Ryan and Chris wanted to hit up a fro-yo a couple stores down, and they had the most amazing pistachio yogurt and tiny reese's cups. Double win!

Then it was back to Ry's to check on Sea World pass prices, since he had a hankering to be outside in the beautiful summer sunshine that has finally hit San Diego. (About time.) So Chris got a new pass and I renewed mine, and we were off to Sea World for the afternoon. Nothing too exciting happening over there; they did change the dolphin show to be less traumatizing for future viewers. If you've ever been there, you know what I'm talking about.

And that brings me to here and now, ten minutes before I need to leave for my game. The boys are coming to see me play tonight, so I've got to step it up to my A-game tonight if I want to impress that cute OSF boy. ;)

Check back once in awhile for updates on the last few days. They'll be in date order, so you may have to scroll. Sorry, Justin!


4 comments:

Jessica said...

Don't put them in dang date order! I can never remember where to go. I just remember where i left off (at the top)....puhleeeeeze?!? Gotta please your readers...it's part of te job!!!!
PLease don't make us hunt for your new posts?

justinpaulgibson said...

My problem is when you plop in an entry from days before with no warning. For instance, I just learned last week that you enjoyed the digital camera we got you for Christmas.

thesmallblondeone said...

1) My blog, my rules.
2) My OCD can't handle it if they're not in date order.
3) I compromised by putting placeholders for the past posts. Now you know that there are two pending.

This is all I can do on this matter.

justinpaulgibson said...

1) If no one reads your blog then it loses blog status and becomes merely an online (and yet lonely, possibly suicidal) personal journal. Your online personal journal, your rules.
2) Yes, but in your case, O.C.D. stands for Overly Constrictive Dictation.
3) This is fine so long as you A) announce that you have placed x placeholders and B) announce when said placeholders are transformed into actual entries.