Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Stop putting your cells on me."

Hmmmm. I guess that's more of a you-had-to-be-there-having-a-discussion-about-the-various-ways-besides-fingerprints-the-government-keeps-track-of-us kind of thing.

Too bad. Because it was good.

So here's the weekly update:

{06}{07}
What an interesting day this turned out to be. I was still sick from my joint colds, had to miss my soccer game, my dad tried to fix my car up the best he could, and Jen's first baby shower was that afternoon. While I absolutely love that girl, I couldn't wait to go pick up a 79 cent coke and go home!

Jen got soooo much cute stuff for Zoey. That kid is going to be the trendiest Deyling/Aubrey ever. And Cindy and Heather as hosts made for a fabulous tea party that was the perfect blend of girly and normal- just the kind I like!



{06}{08}
Jenna finished her last week of school over the weekend. Hurray for her! Over the past few days I've found her reading for pure pleasure; she stole The Atonement Child from my bookcase a few nights ago. So good to see her reading good ol' regular fiction instead of her various psychological theory textbooks.


{06}{09}

So technically this picture of the day should be of Josh Damigo and the house party he had at Colleen's house. However, Josh decided to sit right in front of the lamp, which made for worst photography op ever. So instead, I had Ryan model in his Spring Awakening shirt, which the OSF pointed out was like a walking advertisement for my blog. Heck yeah!


{06}{10}

Really grasping for a POTD on this day. Resorted to the baby blue golf ball that randomly appeared in our kitchen. Anyone who's been by recently lose a baby blue golf ball they'd like back?

{06}{12}

Britt, my baby sister, graduated from high school on Friday. My parents no longer have any children below college age. Apparently, she's already set up with classes at Cuyamaca in the fall, but has no ideas yet what she wants to be when she grows up. In other news, Friday night is the night the OSF met my family for the first time, and he seemed to walk from the ordeal unscathed. He's a tough one, that OSF. And even Britt was nice to him! Awww... they grow up so fast....

{06}{13}

On Saturday night, Brittany hosted the ice cream social, in which she invited guests over for her now-famous homemade ice cream. Though the crowd was small, there was much fun over Mario Party, Veronica Mars episodes, and photography-for-Liz's-wedding discussions. Strawberry was the clear winner of the night, although I had the chocolate chip the following day, and that was pretty amazing too. Go roommate, in your new kitchen endeavors!

{06}{14}

Sunday was Gwen's family/older friends birthday party, and while she seemed a bit overwhelmed being the center of attention by so many people, by the time most of the group had left she was gung ho about going outside to take special ninth birthday pictures. Of course, she wanted to grab her latest favorite toys, Webkinz, which are basically nano pets for the next generation. They come as real stuffed animals, but you virtually interact with them online. With the addition of Jack, the turtle Justin G. brought with him, she now has three of these things, and she just loved setting up pictures with them too. Once I go through some more, I'll be able to post a special Gwen grid of the ninth birthday photo shoot.

3 comments:

justinpaulgibson said...

This is what happens when you ignore your blog for a week. Did Gwen officially name the turtle Jack? Cause it's kinda confusing since the dog is a Jack Russel. And the duck is named Russel. And likes to drink Jack Daniels. And why was this posted at 2:00 AM? I thought you were trying to establish an adult schedule?

thesmallblondeone said...

Yes, she named him Jack. And please don't tell her your suspicions about her duck. And this was posted at 2am because that's how I roll sometimes. And old habits die hard. But I am trying.

justinpaulgibson said...

You're a professional blog slacker.