Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I was hiding under your porch because I love you.





At 2:04pm yesterday, my cell phone beeped its "You have a text" beep. Excellent, I thought. I love text messages. (For those of you going pphhhhssshhhhhh, yeah right right now, it's the replying to texts part that I hate.)

My text read: 

Hey cute! I'm taking you out tonight!

Woo-hoo! I love spontaneous going-out type things!

The OSF came to get me at 8:30, and didn't even complain one bit when I made him wait ten minutes for the pictures from the baby barbeque to upload. When that was finished, he put me in the car and drove me to Coronado, where we walked the secluded and beautifully clean beach right outside the Hotel del. We talked, we laughed, and he reminded me that this particular day, the 29th of June, marked exactly one month of being together. Eeeeep! The date didn't cross my mind once the entire day, but I love that he remembered it. (Although he does have it easy to remember; the 29th is his birthday number.)

We wandered around the sidewalks and the little courtyard outside the hotel, checking out the new Dr. Suess statues that were just put up in April. The Cat in the Hat, the Lorax, the Grinch, and a few more of the well-known characters adorn a section of the circular walkway that faces the beach, each with a plaque explaining the books' significance in literature and Dr. Suess' own life. I really enjoy seeing monuments like that, for people who deserve to be honored for their creativity and out-of-the-box thought processes.

After that we were off to see Up! I had no idea what this movie was about beforehand, but Chris had heard great things about it. We got there just in time for previews, with only two other people in the biggest of the Mission Valley theaters, so we had the pick of the place. Of course we picked the dark upper corner. ;) It is our new favorite movie spot, and we briefly considered etching our names into the wall to rightfully claim it. Instead we've just decided to go to movies at 10:25 on Monday nights from now on, so we won't have to fight anyone for our corner.

Up! was pretty good. The talking dogs were the best part in my opinion, with perfect lines to accompany the different looks that dogs actually have in reality. We absolutely cracked up when the main dog said, "I was hiding under your porch because I love you." Best line of the movie right there. It's not as good out of context, but soooo funny at that point in the movie.




Thanks, OSF, for a great date night!

1 comment:

justinpaulgibson said...

I'm a big Pixar fan and yet haven't been motivated to go see a bunch of their films. Everything they make looks good (outside of maybe Ratatouille, yet I've heard nothing but good things) and yet I've only seen Toy Story 1 & 2, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles and Wall-E. Every one was terrific. Once I buy a new TV and get Blu-Ray I'll have to see if they sell a Pixar collection so I can see everything I've missed.