Saturday, June 6, 2009

That elusive thing called creativity

Well, fellow bloggers and loyal readers. Here we are. 7am. On a Saturday.

I know, right? What the heck?

I'm not entirely sure what we're doing here either, and yet here we are. I think I'm going to blame it on the sudden surge of creativity I got last night around 2:30am. Somewhere between returning from Ryan's house after a night of Wii Mario Party and feeling very, very sleepy and finishing up the last half of the July issue of Creating Keepsakes (which I have a layout in, if anyone cares and wants to go buy a copy from their local Michael's, FYI). Anyway, as I lay the magazine down and turned to cuddle under my warm down blankets, I was struck with this overwhelming need to Create Something. And then a gazillion desirable projects ran through my head, until my heart was pounding and all I wanted to do was jump out of bed and power up my new laptop (which still needs a name, by the way; any suggestions are welcome) and get to work on all these unfinished, unattempted, things.

I did not do this of course, because it was freaking 2:30 in the morning after all. Nope, I waited it out an entire four and a half hours. Until seven. On Saturday morning. Oh, sleep. I'm sure I'll be meeting you later this afternoon.

So the question is What to work on? Unfinished business, like my novel, blog book, scrapbooks (both paper and digital), picture of the days? Or surge into something new, like a baby shower gift for Justin and Jenafer, or another special Gwen book for her upcoming ninth birthday? There are so many possibilities. And yet I don't have time to do it all.

Whew. 7:24. I guess I better get started on what I can.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY another post!!! 7:30, what the heck?!

Jessica said...

Lucy has an upcoming 1st birthday, too!