Friday, February 20, 2009

Five on Friday: Confessions Edition

Because I have quite a few things to confess this week. And I haven't confessed in awhile. And there's just some things that you can't hide forever.

Here we go:

1) Sometimes I wonder if perhaps I love Spring Awakening too much. But almost immediately after I wonder if it is even possible to love something that is the definition of awesome too much. And the answer is definitely NO.


2) Matt Shingledecker is still my favorite SA person. Duncan Sheik was cool, but we were standing right in front of him, staring him down with hopeful eyes and pen and book ready, and he skipped over us to talk with some more important looking guys first. (Understandable, I guess, but we were next.) Lauren Pritchard was nice and polite, but she seemed to be in a hurry. (Again, understandable, it was like 11pm.)

But when we were waiting for Shingledecker at stage door, he came right over to us after just a glance. And that is why he's my favorite.

(Matt Shingledecker: If you ever google yourself and come across this here blog, just know that you're awesome, 'kay?)


3) When I told Duncan Sheik on Wednesday night that I've listened to at least something off the Spring Awakening soundtrack every day since I discovered it in July, I most definitely was not lying. I've never been so infatuated with lyrics before in my life. 


4) Believe it or not, it's really hard for me to make friends. Stresses me out like no other trying to get people to like me. 

Sometimes I have to give up on people because it's just too hard. 

I had to give up on a few people this last month. 


5) Now that my wireless internet is working again, I've been watching movies on Netflix at night while I fall asleep. Netflix just put up a whole bunch of television shows in the Watch Instantly section. And, being bored watching The Office and Heroes episodes over again, I've turned to... Hannah Montana reruns. 

I KNOW.

But it's like an addiction! They're such cute little kids, with such quirky little acting habits. I love it. Can't get enough of it. Almost done with season two, about to start up season three. 

So if anyone has any non-Disney channel shows or movies to recommend, please leave your suggestions in the comments section.


6) I am normal. Got it reaffirmed yesterday. Technically not a confession, I suppose, but just wanted to share with you all (especially after those other five revelations). 

And besides, it's Five on Friday, and I gave you my five already.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

the cosby show. hannah montana? really? oh Jordan

poloair2303 said...

Watch these shows, I'm pretty sure you will like them: Arrested Development & The Big Bang Theory

Watch these cuz I like them: Scrubs, 24, LOST and Flight of the Conchords

Ry said...

I just bought The Big Bang Theory on DVD, so you are welcome to borrow them... or join us here and watch them. Same with Arrested Development.

And I agree, SA = awesome. No doubt.

I think Steffi D is pretty rad too, since like your post on TGO stated, she stuck around with us even though everyone else was calling her over.

thesmallblondeone said...

That is true. Points for Steffi D.

If we start watching Big Bang Theory on Mondays I'm sure I'll like it. But it just doesn't seem as lengedary as the Office of HIMYM.