Monday, February 9, 2009

Sunday Fun

Ryan and Chris invited me to go out and have fun on Sunday, and since one of my goals is to get out of my funk of preferring to stay at home (especially on rainy weekend days) and begrudgingly go along with other people's fun activity ideas, I tagged along.

Don't worry, Ryan. There wasn't so much begrudging yesterday. 

(But I can't wait for real TV Thursdays again, because I really do love our stay-at-home-and-cook-dinner-and-watch-TV activities.)

Our first stop was Mt. Soledad, the top of which neither Chris or I had ever been. It's pretty cool up there. You can see a loooooong way in all directions. 

And we spied on Andy's house!



I know it sounds crazy, but all three of us are in this picture of Ryan:


Here. Look a little closer:





Next stop was the X Museum in La Jolla. I don't remember the actual name of the museum now, but their logo was an X and we got X stickers to wear, so it is now the X Museum.

Highlights of this museum included a hypnotizing video of spinning black and white tops, a haystack made of needles, and a hammer made of ninja dolls. Art can be so weird.

I'm not much of a museum fan as a general rule. But this museum had the most amazing chairs I've ever sat in. And you think I'm going to let those chairs go?!

Ryan, you need to find those chairs and use them to furnish your new apartment.

Here's some fun pics of the outside art (or of us taking pictures of the outside art):




And to finish off the day, we headed to Cabrillo National Monument on Point Loma. We toured the lighthouse, said hi to Cabrillo, and Ryan and I both tripped/fell over nothing while Chris mocked us.




By then we were hungry and tired from our scavengering, so we went to the guys' favorite place, Wahoos, and had yummy surfer Mexican food (Chris' description) with spicy green sauce that, ahem, some of us were unable to handle. (Not me, of course. Me and the spices are tight.)

The end!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking how our other name for that logo was "The Pink Plus Sign"... but now I realize that makes it seem like the museum is related to positive pregnancy tests.

And yes... those chairs were amazing. I shoulda sneaked a picture with my phone to aid in my search...

poloair2303 said...

Don't blame me for wearing shoes with traction, and being as coordinated as a 4 year old! I mean really? What did you think was going to happen slick shoes?!

But it was a fun day. Cheers to you coming out.

poloair2303 said...

Oh, and ONE more thing...I handle my green sauce. You were witness.