Saturday, April 18, 2009

Not A Movie Night

I had no plans Friday night.

And as usual, when this happens, I came up with a list of productive things to do on a night alone, which included (but was not limited to) doing laundry, cleaning up my room cleaning up the house in general, and possibly dabbling in some paper scrapbooking, which I haven't gotten around to for a long time.

And of course as soon I settled into this idea, Brian texted, wanting to do something that night.

So I said sure. Because it's Friday night and all, and really, my plans were pathetic for a Friday night.

But no one else responded to Brian's text, so it was up to me to round up the usual suspects. In the end, we decided on a late movie night with the roommates, Aaron/Metro, Brian, Ryan, and Mandy. And possibly the OSF.

When Mandy got there, she and I huddled in the kitchen for girl talk (engagement story talk) and cookie baking, while Brian and Aaron chatted up computers and guitars. Then Jen and Jenna came home, and the night turned junior high style- guys in one room, girls in the other. Which was fine, because we're mostly all camp people, and camp people know how to talk. (Because there's nothing else to do during free time at camp other than sleep.) Then the OSF showed up instead of Ryan, and Mandy grilled him for about forty-five minutes (not an exaggeration), since he was the only person she didn't know yet. (Mandy quote: I just want to know people!) Luckily, Chris took it better than most people, answering all of Mandy's questions (which included (but were not limited to) age, career, schooling, parental background, living situation, hobbies, and nationality), and I'm pretty sure the OSF wasn't completely scared away from ever coming to our apartment again.

Around 11:30, with three different conversations going on around the living room, and an empty cookie plate, we came to the conclusion that our Late Night Movie Night had in fact turned into Not A Movie Night.

But you know what? I kind of liked it better this way.

5 comments:

poloair2303 said...

Bring those questions on!! I'm not scared at all. And I'm quite impressed that you can remember all those topics that Mandy asked me. Well done, well done indeed.

thesmallblondeone said...

Why, thank you. Although I'm sure there were way more that I couldn't remember. And I even learned some new things about you last night through Mandy's interrogation. :)

poloair2303 said...

And what did you learn about me?

thesmallblondeone said...

I learned that you think you can only draw well when you have to.
I learned that you've been to a bazillion countries in Europe, and that you're not a fan of that particular continent.
And I learned that you're more likely to sit back and quietly take in what others are saying, despite your Italian background.

See? New things!

poloair2303 said...

Well, I am again utterly impressed with your memory...cuz I barely remember anything from my conversation with Mandy. I do remember talking about drawing nude people with her...go figure (let me know if you every want to see those pictures :D )

I was thinking about Europe a little more after your comment, and I need to amend my feelings. I really do like those places, I would just rather go check out some other places in the future. And I definitely want to go back to Italy and Germany. FOR SURE!