Sunday, April 25, 2010

International Gathering of Bridezillas: San Diego Chapter

Also known as the Del Mar Bridal Bazaar.


Basically, we ate lots of cake and browsed flower displays while photographers, videographers, dj's, and wedding coordinators threw themselves at us.


(I throw myself at this guy every once in awhile. He likes it. Ssshhh. Don't tell anyone.)

The day was basically an excuse to take pictures of flower arrangements and steal ideas. 





By the end of the day, our complimentary Alfred Angelo bag was chalk full of wedding paraphernalia. Catalogs, fliers, photo booth prints...

Say what you will about the simplicity of carnations, I happen to find them marvelous. Especially when they're all bunched together like this. It's the symmetrical part of me feeling giddy.



Okay, I want to find these square, short vases in a pretty gray. It would make my wedding complete. Please tell me if you find them anywhere? Thanks.

It was literally exhausting. And I was hungry afterwards. So hungry, in face, I kind of felt like this guy:


He was hungry enough to eat the menus off the table at Miguel's. (Can you blame him, though, it's not like the waiter kept us supplied with chips or the yummy cheese dip all night?)

And, yes, that's Baby Holz. All grown up and distinguished now, isn't he? He was gracious enough to loan his parents to us to talk their ears off about wedding this and wedding that after the bridal show. Thanks, B. 

3 comments:

melody said...

bennett's so famous. he's making web appearances. :) thanks for posting the picture...makes me smile. Did you get my message? Maybe you're busy...I mean, you ARE planning a wedding. I'll try to get in touch with you again.

thesmallblondeone said...

Hey! I completely, totally, ridiculously, and completely forgot all about your message. :( I just tried finding you on Facebook and you're missing all of the sudden! How am I supposed to talk to you when my phone is not sitting right next to me and I'm too lazy to go get it?!
Seriously, though, I THINK that proposition could work, given that the date is available, and I don't remember what date you'd said off the top of my head, but I do remember thinking when I heard your message that my friend's bridal shower is that day. Don't know if I was right about that, though. What was the date again?

melody said...

FOLLOW UP and NEWSWORTHY NOTES:
I'll just plan on seeing you May 21st with a camera in hand, and maybe with Chris Trementozzi in hand as well, although it's not necessary. :) whatever works.
ALSO. I didn't find those little grey vases or whatever, because honestly, I didn't look. BUT, if I were you, I would look at a place called "Wholesale Flowers" on Linda Vista Rd. kind of in Mission Valley. I went there one time with a friend, and they have EVERYTHING for centerpiece arrangements, home decor, real flowers (i think at a deal) and just amazing things you can piece together any way you want. it's an amazing place. Plan to spend an hour there, if you're in the mood!