Saturday, April 10, 2010

Marrying a designer is hard work.

No joke.


Chris and I have been coming up with more conflict in the last week than in our entire relationship. Apparently all this time when I thought we had the same ideas about everything, I was a little bit right and a little bit wrong. We do have the same ideas- just with different variations. And neither of us likes to back down, darn it!


But aside from all the "I feel that we need to come up with a rich accent color" and "I feel my blue is prettier than your blue" and "I feel you're color blind!" we don't hate each other (yet). And fortunately Mandy did warn me about all of this. Of course, I didn't really believe her... until now. 


But I still love that boy. No question about it. :)


We had an insanely busy Saturday today. Our only real plans were to go to the church rummage sale this morning, to look for fun wedding decor finds, and somehow it escalated into a trip to Michaels, lunch downtown, our reception site to take pictures of the tables, chairs, and corners of the room, down to South Bay to check out Paradise Hills (to see if we'd want to live there), out to Rancho San Diego, and to Friar Tux to check out their suit selection. Because we'd been up late the night before and woken up early for the rummage sale, I pretty much conked out upon our return home and enjoyed an hour long nap while Chris watched Where the Wild Things Are. Then it was back to wedding planning via blogs (we've got a new color scheme to match our new date!) and then a few hours of homework, broken up with watching the last half of an episode of Medium with his roommates when I went downstairs for a coke. 


While I've been doing homework, Chris has been spending hours on a blog update. I think it's his version of the proposal, and I'm super excited to read it from his vantage point. It still amazes me how awesome our proposal was, how perfectly surprised I was, and how he was able to keep it a secret from me for two whole months. Especially with me asking about it every other day.


We scored some good finds at the rummage sale- four or five glass apothecary like jars for the candy bar, which is what I'd been hoping to find for cheap (twenty-five cents!) and a Polaroid camera! It's looking like our theme is going to center around photography, and Chris had the idea last week to have a Polaroid camera on hand to take and add pictures to a display we want to set up. We're not entirely sure the camera works, and film for the thing is going to be a nightmare, but still! It was a cool find. 


Chris just got done with his blog, so I'm off to go read it now! I'll leave you with my current favorite inspiring picture: the yellow and gray wedding party!


4 comments:

Sarah B. said...

i was going to have my wedding colors for my bridesmaids canary but I had to up my date by 4 months so I changed it to red... I really love the yellow/gray theme!

Anonymous said...

yeah! Liking the yellow. That color is so you, and I'm guessing the grey was Chris's idea. Good, very good. :)

Unknown said...

Wow...you've got a very involved groom on your hands, huh?

thesmallblondeone said...

Sarah B.! You should put up pictures from your wedding so I can ogle over them!

Jenna, actually Chris said the same thing: that yellow is a color people would associate with me, and gray for him, but I don't get it, because I picked out that color scheme... both colors!

And yes, Jess/Gwen. Chris is VERY involved. ;)